Wednesday, October 31, 2007

/boggle

Okay okay, I know I promised a post about addons, and I'm working on it! I even added a link list to my favourite addons over there --->> looksee! But today, I wanna talk about something that just completely made me /boggle /headdesk /faceslap last night.

Ok, so theres this guy in my guild... we'll call him Q. Now, Q's always full of questions, ideas and thoughts that make a lot of us /boggle, but that's beside the point. Last night was different. Last night we found out that Q doesn't have the secondary skill of cooking on his LEVEL SEVENTY (that's 70, folks) CHARACTER. Zero, zilch, none. No cooking. For why? We (not the collective BRK We, but as in the whole friggen guild We) ask, it's so easy! and it gives you 30 min buffs to boot! Q's excuse? He doesn't use buff food because a) it only lasts so long, 2) because he has to buy it off the AH, iii) it doesn't count towards stats when trying to get into raid groups. Well of course it does, fool! And you wouldn't have to buy it off the AH if you'd just TRAINED THE DAMN PROFESSION IN THE FIRST PLACE! Most people even level up fishing at the same time, so you constantly have a stream of food available at your beckon call! Heh... stream of food, get it? Oh, nevermind.

I have to admit, I don't have cooking to 375 on Hyria... /shame. I do, however, have 375 fishing and 375 cooking on Kelektra, Kel supplies Hyria with everything she needs in terms of buff food, which means (omg, revelation coming here folks) NOT HAVING TO BUY THE STUFF ON THE AH! ... Wow. Whodathunkit.

If I had a bigger reader base than just... me.... I'd ask you all what you thought of secondary skills like Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid, but since it's just me, well, my opinion is simple: WTH wouldn't you have them? SRSLY! Everyone. EVERYONE should at least have First Aid maxxed out, am I right? Hey self, am I right?

....

Oh well.

Oh, and Q? The answer is RATING BUSTER!

Addendum:: If, for whatever reason, you do NOT have your cooking maxxed out? Doomy has posted a link to a cooking guide at AC's Website. Here.

3 comments:

BRK said...

no commenters? perhaps we can help with that...

Anonymous said...

Sadly, only one of my characters (my main BM) has cooking at 375, and his fishing is around 175, I think.

However, ALL my characters--including my Priest--max out First Aid. Too many people thing FA is an after-combat skill. No...that's eating.

I really should get that fishing skill up though...Osprey loves his fish sticks!

Kremmet said...

I'll admit, I'm a little lazy when it comes to professions. Out of my warlock, shaman, and warrior (all 70), none of them even have the skill fishing or cooking (and only two first aid, but I'm just stubborn about getting it on the healer of the group). Heck, even when my 60 rogue was my main, I barely had cooking passed 120 or so.

I'll admit that the buff food sure does provide a wallop, but professions have just never done it for me. Out of all the characters I just mentioned, only ONE has a profession over 300 and even then, he's also the only one with a profession over 150 (granted, the 60 rogue changed so many times, I'm not entirely surprised). I think this comes from having so many alts (70 number four/max level number six incoming!) as, instead of spending time romping about collecting various crawdads or minerals, I spend my "free time" in WoW leveling various characters.

I know, shame on me for not taking the time, but I can always just force a RL buddy into making the food for me (dragging nine other people into a server when it started seemed like a good plan at the time)....