Sunday, November 4, 2007

Headaches and Loot Reaver and Sleep Loss, Oh My!

Thursday night Aetherial Circle made its maiden voyage into Tempest Keep: The Eye, and set our sights on Loot Rea... oh, excuse me, Void Reaver. First impressions? BRK's right, it's very pink. AC requested that I switch Kel to a resto based spec for this, which I was only too happy to do, it's fun trying different specs every once in a while. My main job was to keep lifebloom up on our three tanks, and toss heals where I could when I could.

The first few sets of trash pulls (6 mobs at a time) were... interesting. CC is difficult in a new place, I don't envy our rogues or the one mage that was there, at all. I think now that we've seen them once it'll be easier next time, we sort of know what to expect. WoWWiki has great information on this raid instance, I suggest you reads it if you're planning on heading in there.

A'lar, the first boss in The Eye, is a giant Phoenix, he's absolutely gorgeous, and later on in the instance, the main boss, Kael'Thas Sunstrider, actually drops "The Ashes of A'lar", which is a flying mount modeled after the phoenix. It's extremely rare, and I've only ever seen one person with this mount, a warlock on the server I was on before I transferred to Drenden. We skipped attempting A'lar due to time constraints on respawns and headed up to Loot Reaver. This boss is a huge Felreaver, like those ones that used to stomp you silly in Hellfire Peninsula. I probably should have paid more attention to what he does to melee during the encounter, but what my main concern was, again, was keeping lifebloom up on the tanks and avoiding the zomghugeblueenergyballflyingatme. There is a mod that you can get that helps with this, but I'm lazy, so I'm gonna make you go look for it, you can also find a link for it on AC's website, or on BRK's blog, here. We wiped twice, got him down to 73% on our best try, but had FOUR purple items drop from trash, it were awesome, I's so proud of how well we did! And hopefully this week we can go back and do it again!

But for now, I need to go take some advil if I'm going to be ready for Karazhan tonight!

No comments: