Monday, November 5, 2007

Obligatory "OMG" Post. for Cay.

I've been warned, upon pain of death (and Pacman, says Cay) that I must write about AC's Gruul's raid tonight. Or rather, my participation in AC's Gruul's raid tonight.

Firstly, I gotta say, it was my whisper to BRK that nearly wiped the raid when he decided to pay more attention to what I was saying than what he was doing, and he ran in the wrong direction and nearly pull two Gronn-Priests onto our butts. That was great, I got an "OMG YOU ALMOST MADE ME WIPE THE RAID!" whisper/yelled at me :P

Ok, so, Gruul's Lair. There are only 2 boss encounters. There's High King Maulgar and his entourage, and then there is Gruul the Dragonkiller himself.
My job for the HKM fight was to tank one of his council, Blindeye the Seer. He's a healer, so he was kept stunlocked by the rogues the entire time, this left me able to tank him in bear form in my cat gear. Then, all dps (including myself, now in cat form) move to our next target, Olm the Summoner. Once he is dead, all melee dps will switch to Kiggler the Crazed, and all ranged dps will take down Krosh Firehand. It took us a few tries, due to LoS issues on our main tank, Celli, but we got him down, and he dropped phat loots, and good times were had.

For Gruul, the idea is for us melee to stay out of the cave ins, and avoid people as much as possible during the ground slam, gronn lord's grasp, and shatters, it's more difficult than it sounds, trust me. Our first attempt wasn't so great, so we switched things up a bit, instead of Celli, Brig, and Jace tanking/taking hateful strikes, Celli, Brig, and I tanked. Tanking is a different story than melee simply in that you NEED to be the top three on the aggro meter at all times, due to the hateful strikes (we're talkin 18,000+ damage here). Unfortunately, I died early in our second attempt, so we wiped again (I'm sorry peoples!). Our third attempt, it was Celli that died early, and who ended up main tanking Gruul but me! OMG it was scary, having never been in that role on that fight before. You know, people say that healing is scary, because you're responsible for the safety and wellbeing of so many people, well, tanking's just the same, kinda (ok, don't yell at me, it's just what I think!). Being the main tank in a raid is, well, it's definitely an experience, and I'm glad it's not me, truthfully, just like healing you've definitely got to have nerves of steel. Well anyways, then I died, and Brig was the only tank left, so you just know that your melee is going to start taking hateful strikes... but the amazing dps that is AC absolutely TORE the last 14% of Gruul's life out of him, and we got him down, and again he dropped more phat loots for us, including Celli's T4 Legs, yay Celli! Rejoicings were had all around!

Then our three crazy mages conspired against us and all stood on top of one another and opened portals to three different locations. I feel sorry for those people that ended up in Exodar, really, I do. I managed to make it back to Shattrath, so yay!

THEN! (aren't you glad I had more story? cuz I KNOW you weren't getting sick of me yet, were you!) Kara grp 1 ventured back in to Kara with the express purpose of killing Prince, since he eluded us on Wed and Sun nights. We proceeded to one-shot the bugger, and MORE phat loots were had. Nothing was sharded, and all was good!

Ok... so there're enough !!!!'s in this post to keep a newspaper in business for a week, I guess that means it's time for me to go. And with 13 minutes to spare till midnight, too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRK running the wrong way may possibly have been the highlight of my whole week.

Ratshag said...

Heh. Wish I coulda seen it. I's lost count of the number of times I've died in Blades Edge 'cause I was tryin' to carry on a conversation and drop bombs at the same time. Good to know I ain't the only one what that sorta thing happens too...

Big grats on the tanking and the killing and the looting!

Anonymous said...

I have thought and have removed this phrase

Anonymous said...

I can look for the reference to a site on which there are many articles on this question.